Saturday, April 5, 2008

Help Feed the Hungry!!

In my People magazine I came across an article about a man who has put together a website that helps feed the hungry. All you have to do is log onto freerice.com and play a vocabulary word game. A word will come up and if you match the right definition then you have just donated 20 grains of rice to the U.N. World Food Program. Since he launched this in October of 2007 over 25 billion grains of rice has been donated--enough to feed nearly a million people for a day. That is so AWESOME!!! I got on and played today and it is easy and addicting (you might need a dictionary.) Please get on and play and tell me what you think. Also, get the word out to as many people as possible. I love to feel that I have helped in some small way....you can too! Again, the web site is freerice.com I also made a link from my blog page directly to the website.

7 comments:

Katrina said...

The first word I was all excited because I knew what it meant but after that it was all down hill. I totally had to pull out dictionary.com and it made me feel dumb. Are those hard words or do i need to go back to school?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David and Emily Wilcock said...

That was really fun and it always feels good to help. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kaitlyn said...

Thanks for saying hi. I am glad you like my recipe blog!

nikki said...

Yeah... so I have played this game and I get addicted to it... I can play forever and get really excited and competitive with myself. I have personally donated a lot of rice to the cause. I can't play this at work anymore :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Jones Fam said...

This is a great idea, thanks for letting everyone know about it! It was so cute today, Jaylee was playing with her baby doll and she told me the baby's name was Kennedy. I guess Kennedy must have made a big impression!